We're looking for exceptional people to help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. Our team partners directly with biomedical researchers working to prevent and treat a wide range of diseases (HIV, cancer, diabetes, auto-immune diseases, asthma, allergies, and others); we learn about their science and unique needs, and develop solutions to their data management and analytical challenges. We release the core of our software as open source, accelerating research in labs and networks throughout the world. We are serious about developing high quality software, delivering innovative solutions, and contributing to the research community, but we're just as committed to maintaining an enjoyable, collaborative and flexible work environment.
LabKey Software is headquartered in Seattle, with a development office in San Diego.
- Senior Software Developer - Java/Web Applications, Seattle and San Diego
- Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) - Java or C#, Seattle and San Diego
- IT Specialist (Part Time), Seattle
We're growing quickly, so if another of our typical roles is your dream job we'd love to hear from you.
We offer a truly flexible work schedule. You are paid for every hour you work, and you choose your own vacation and holiday schedule. We actually have fun at work with lunch outings, Whiskey Thursdays, release parties, and more. Other benefits include medical, vision, life and LTD insurance, FSA, 401(k), bonus plan, stock options, and paid sick time. Most importantly, LabKey is a great place to work with a cohesive team that truly enjoys what they're doing.
As a Software Engineer at LabKey Software, you will help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. You will work with our team and customers to understand requirements, design solutions, and ensure a high quality product at all points during the development process.
This person has significant experience working with complex enterprise level systems, building customer facing web applications, and working in an agile/scrum environment. This person is highly proficient in Java (or C#) and open source technologies. This person will be comfortable working up and down the stack, have a passion for clean, concise code that is maintainable, and be able to learn new things quickly. This person is enthusiastic about collaborating with other team members to improve the development process and customer experience.
- Work efficiently at all levels within a large, highly complex, existing code base
- Interface with clients and translate client requests into general-purpose software solutions
- Communicate clearly and consistently with clients on an ongoing basis,including discussing technical concepts with non-technical stakeholders
- Learn the bioinformatics science necessary to understand client data, methods, and work flows
- Demonstrate genuine interest in contributing to and building a great product development team
In addition to a strong track record of working hard, taking ownership, and learning new technologies quickly, you should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, bioinformatics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with a consistent track record of owning feature level deliverables
- Strong object-oriented design and coding ability, including experience with object oriented languages: Java, C#, C++
- Experience with web application development (Spring, Tomcat) and relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- An understanding of modern software development techniques, including the full SDLC, object-oriented design, continuous integration, version control, and agile methodologies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills; comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience solving bioinformatics problems (preferred)
- Authorization to work in the US
- Availability to work in downtown Seattle or San Diego
Ready for a rewarding career where your work could improve people's lives? Email your resume to DevJobs@labkey.com, and please include your desired position in the subject line. Principals only; we will not respond to recruiters.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will work with our team and customers to understand requirements, design solutions, and ensure a high quality product at all points during the development process.
Our ideal candidate is adept at writing test automation in an object oriented language like Java, C#, or C++. This person may use other web automation tools, but at their core, is a developer who writes test automation code in Java or C# directly.
This person has significant experience in testing web applications at the user interface, internal API and client API levels, and is comfortable working across the product team. This person is customer facing when needed, has a proven track record of working hard, taking ownership, and learns new technologies quickly. This person is enthusiastic about improving our test process, works collaboratively with the larger team, and is naturally curious.
- Develop and maintain automated tests using Java (C# knowledge is easily transferable, but if hired, you will use Java)
- Develop unit, integration, and functional tests
- Translate client requirements into test plans
- Perform manual testing at the user interface and API levels
- Analyze test results and collaborate with the development team to expedite bug fixes
- Communicate clearly and consistently with customers and other team members on an ongoing basis
- Learn the science necessary to understand customer data, methods, and workflows
We’re a small and flexible team, and open to candidates with a wide range of experience
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of professional test automation or software development experience in Java or C# is required
- Experience with testing frameworks and related technologies - Selenium, JUnit/TestNG, TeamCity is nice to have, but not a replacement for Java or C# coding skills
- Familiarity with Java-based server technologies and relational databases
- A strong ability to independently develop test code and maintain extensive test coverage
- Understanding of modern software development techniques, including agile/SCRUM methodology, object-oriented design, continuous integration, and version control
- Experience testing in cross-platform browser environments, working on distributed teams, or solving bioinformatics problems is a plus
Ready for a rewarding career where your work could improve people's lives? Email your resume to TestJobs@labkey.com, and please include your desired position in the subject line. Principals only; we will not respond to recruiters.
As the IT Specialist for LabKey Software, you are an integral part of our team by providing comprehensive, end user support for hardware/software and corporate network assistance. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone interested in an ongoing part-time position for approximately 20-25 hours per week; which weekdays and exact schedule are flexible, but requires work performed onsite during our core business hours of Monday – Friday, 10am-4pm; this position has the potential to become a fulltime role in the longer term.
Areas of responsibility include handling issues, escalations, installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance for both off-the-shelf and custom software. Hardware and software for all network devices, network configuration management, and advanced technical problem resolutions.
This person will be involved in recommending, designing, implementing, maintaining, managing, and troubleshooting enterprise-level applications and services as well as the underlying technologies that may include MS-SQL, web servers, and authentication technologies.
This position will be 50% network administration with 50% hardware/software support.
The ideal candidate is well versed in troubleshooting Windows and Mac based PC issues, maintaining corporate networks using Cisco hardware, and keeping customers happy. This person has provided both end user and network support in a startup or software/technology environment, has excellent customer service skills, and thrives in a highly collaborative, team based environment. This person is able to drive projects forward with minimal supervision, is passionate about creating scalable, robust, and maintainable IT infrastructures to support multiple teams.
As a key member of our team, you will jump right in and take on everything from end user support to solving networking issues, to setting up machines for new hires.
- Supports LabKey staff in using all standard IT applications and services
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, and networking including internet connectivity, wireless network protocols, and VPNs
- Resolves network and system incidents; conducts root cause analysis of critical outages
- Installs, configures, and supports hardware and software; provides support for upgrades and enhancements as needed
- Provides hardware image configuration management for desktop, laptops, and servers
- Verifies issue resolution with the end user and updates the system; communicates plans and progression of issue resolution in a timely manner
- Consistently provides superior customer service to internal stakeholders
- Recommends hardware options based on defined standards and business requirements, avoids unnecessary spending, and encourages internal customers to do the same
- Repairs hardware problems and organizes repairs of faulty equipment under warranty with maintenance providers as needed
- Manages purchasing, cataloging, and maintenance of company hardware including laptops, monitors, and network hardware
- Investigates new technologies to and improves our existing infrastructure, network, or systems
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of networking including: network security, usage monitoring, and ensuring security of data and access privileges
- Actively contributes to ongoing process improvement
- Documents SOP’s, recurring fixes, and contributes to the standardization of processes and procedures within the IT domain
- Proactively trains internal customers in services and solution offerings, during employee onboarding or in separate sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT involving consulting with end users, analyzing, designing, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment
- Experience with general IT infrastructure and peripherals such as the use of passive cabling or configuration of network printers
- 1-2 years of experience in an End User or Helpdesk Support environment demonstrating hands-on support and troubleshooting of PC experience (Windows and Mac)
- Demonstrated experience with analysis, administration, and troubleshooting of a corporate network including switches, routers, and firewalls; some experience working with Cisco, FortiNet, and Linux based systems preferred
- Understanding of quality and customer service, is proactive in identifying issues, analyzing solutions, and selecting the most appropriate action
- Ability to effectively document and communicate complex ideas, processes, and information.
- Verbal and written fluency in English; appropriate communication and interpersonal skills
- Self–motivated, able to multi-task, and manage priorities effectively
- Approachable, customer service focused, and can do attitude to ensure a positive team oriented culture.
Ready for a rewarding career where your work could improve people's lives and global health? Send your resume to ITJobs@labkey.com, and please include your desired position in the subject line. Principals only; we will not respond to recruiters, staffing agencies, or offshore solutions.
Founded in 2005 by former Microsoft, Amazon, and BEA Systems technical leaders, LabKey Software helps leading biomedical researchers make sense of their data. We build solutions tailored to our clients' needs by extending our secure, scalable, open-source platform for collaborative research. Our work benefits from and contributes to the open-source community, building an ever-more powerful and capable platform, available to everyone.
LabKey Software provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.