We're looking for exceptional people to help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. Our team partners directly with biomedical researchers working to prevent and treat a wide range of diseases (HIV, cancer, diabetes, auto-immune diseases, asthma, allergies, and others); we learn about their science and unique needs, and develop solutions to their data management and analytical challenges. We release the core of our software as open source, accelerating research in labs and networks throughout the world. We are serious about developing high quality software, delivering innovative solutions, and contributing to the research community, but we're just as committed to maintaining an enjoyable, collaborative and flexible work environment.
LabKey Software is headquartered in Seattle, with a development office in San Diego.
- Senior Software Developer - Java/Web Applications, Seattle and San Diego
- Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) - Java or C#, Seattle and San Diego
- HR Generalist, Seattle
We're growing quickly, so if another of our typical roles is your dream job we'd love to hear from you.
We offer a truly flexible work schedule. You are paid for every hour you work, and you choose your own vacation and holiday schedule. We actually have fun at work with lunch outings, Whiskey Thursdays, release parties, and more. Other benefits include medical, vision, life and LTD insurance, FSA, 401(k), bonus plan, stock options, and paid sick time. Most importantly, LabKey is a great place to work with a cohesive team that truly enjoys what they're doing.
As a Software Engineer at LabKey Software, you will help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. You will work with our team and customers to understand requirements, design solutions, and ensure a high quality product at all points during the development process.
This person has significant experience working with complex enterprise level systems, building customer facing web applications, and working in an agile/scrum environment. This person is highly proficient in Java (or C#) and open source technologies. This person will be comfortable working up and down the stack, have a passion for clean, concise code that is maintainable, and be able to learn new things quickly. This person is enthusiastic about collaborating with other team members to improve the development process and customer experience.
- Work efficiently at all levels within a large, highly complex, existing code base
- Interface with clients and translate client requests into general-purpose software solutions
- Communicate clearly and consistently with clients on an ongoing basis,including discussing technical concepts with non-technical stakeholders
- Learn the bioinformatis science necessary to understand client data, methods, and work flows
- Demonstrate genuine interest in contributing to and building a great product development team
In addition to a strong track record of working hard, taking ownership, and learning new technologies quickly, you should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, bioinformatics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with a consistent track record of owning feature level deliverables
- Strong object-oriented design and coding ability, including experience with object oriented languages: Java, C#, C++
- Experience with web application development (Spring, Tomcat) and relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- An understanding of modern software development techniques, including the full SDLC, object-oriented design, continuous integration, version control, and agile methodologies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills; comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience solving bioinformatics problems (preferred)
- Authorization to work in the US
- Availability to work in downtown Seattle or San Diego
Ready for a rewarding career where your work could improve people's lives? Email your resume to DevJobs@labkey.com, and please include your desired position in the subject line. Principals only; we will not respond to recruiters.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will work with our team and customers to understand requirements, design solutions, and ensure a high quality product at all points during the development process.
Our ideal candidate is adept at writing test automation in an object oriented language like Java, C#, or C++. This person may use other web automation tools, but at their core, is a developer who writes test automation code in Java or C# directly.
This person has significant experience in testing web applications at the user interface, internal API and client API levels, and is comfortable working across the product team. This person is customer facing when needed, has a proven track record of working hard, taking ownership, and learns new technologies quickly. This person is enthusiastic about improving our test process, works collaboratively with the larger team, and is naturally curious.
- Develop and maintain automated tests using Java (C# knowledge is easily transferable, but if hired, you will use Java)
- Develop unit, integration, and functional tests
- Translate client requirements into test plans
- Perform manual testing at the user interface and API levels
- Analyze test results and collaborate with the development team to expedite bug fixes
- Communicate clearly and consistently with customers and other team members on an ongoing basis
- Learn the science necessary to understand customer data, methods, and workflows
We’re a small and flexible team, and open to candidates with a wide range of experience
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of professional test automation or software development experience in Java or C# is required
- Experience with testing frameworks and related technologies - Selenium, JUnit/TestNG, TeamCity is nice to have, but not a replacement for Java or C# coding skills
- Familiarity with Java-based server technologies and relational databases
- A strong ability to independently develop test code and maintain extensive test coverage
- Understanding of modern software development techniques, including agile/SCRUM methodology, object-oriented design, continuous integration, and version control
- Experience testing in cross-platform browser environments, working on distributed teams, or solving bioinformatics problems is a plus
Ready for a rewarding career where your work could improve people's lives? Email your resume to TestJobs@labkey.com, and please include your desired position in the subject line. Principals only; we will not respond to recruiters.
As the HR Generalist for LabKey Software, you are an integral partner in hiring, onboarding, managing, coaching, developing, and retaining employees. At LabKey, employees are our most important asset and as a small growing company this role is a critical partner to our entire organization and is the primary point of contact for all employee related issues.
The HR Generalist also performs recruiting activities, builds candidate relationships, and oversees the talent acquisition process; this person sets the tone and reinforces the culture at LabKey Software - often providing candidates with their first impression of the company.
The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, team based environment, possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills, and works effectively with internal/external clients and candidates. This person enjoys wearing multiple hats, shifting gears at a moments’ notice, and meeting the challenge of building a great organization of talented people. This person has a proven track record of developing and implementing employee centric programs, has in depth knowledge of HR best practices and recruiting for software companies, and provides excellent customer service. This person demonstrates good judgment, has the ability to prioritize, and strong organizational skills to be able to maintain a realistic balance among competing priorities.
As a key member of our Operations team, you will jump right in and take on everything from employee relations to recruiting to day-to-day administrative operations. You will be responsible for the full life-cycle of HR activities including; compensation, payroll, benefits, talent acquisition, onboarding new hires, performance review, employee development, terminations, HRIS, reporting, and compliance. You will also help manage the physical office space, ensure the office runs smoothly, and achieve a positive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Human Resource Generalist, or similar role, facilitating the design and implementation of HR and staffing programs and processes, preferably in a high-growth entrepreneurial environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ of staffing/recruiting experience requiring building and maintaining candidate pipelines, including sourcing and screening, preferably with experience in the software technology industry.
- Proven knowledge of all federal, state and local laws including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, FLSA and EEO regulations.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively handle multiple assignments with minimal supervision; highly organized, proven ability to autonomously analyze and solve complex problems while still maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional communicator and influencer; demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with clients/candidates/employees and handling confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Approachable, customer service focused, and can do attitude to ensure a positive team oriented culture.
- High tolerance for ambiguity; ability to create clarity and success working in a complex, rapidly changing, environment.
- Computer skills using email, word processing, spreadsheets, ATS, and HRIS systems in a Windows or Mac environment required.
Ready for a rewarding career where your work could improve people's lives and global health? Send your resume to email@example.com, and please include your desired position in the subject line. Principals only; we will not respond to recruiters, staffing agencies, or offshore solutions.
Founded in 2005 by former Microsoft, Amazon, and BEA Systems technical leaders, LabKey Software helps leading biomedical researchers make sense of their data. We build solutions tailored to our clients' needs by extending our secure, scalable, open-source platform for collaborative research. Our work benefits from and contributes to the open-source community, building an ever-more powerful and capable platform, available to everyone.
LabKey Software provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.