LabKey is looking for a mission-driven User Experience Designer for our Seattle, WA office to join the team and help scientists tackle some of the world’s most challenging problems by creating and delivering outstanding software solutions that support biomedical research, e.g., public health research, vaccine and therapeutic development, and disease pathogenesis. At LabKey you enjoy being part of an agile and collaborative team in a diverse work environment.
In the UX Design role you will:
- Lead the UX effort for our products, including LabKey Sample Manager and LabKey Biologics.
- Be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Design overall functionality of products and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
- Build user personas, discover, and capture desired user outcomes, sharing what you learn.
- Share design thinking knowledge with the product and engineering teams to build a greater understanding of design throughout LabKey.
- Partner internally with product managers, developers, testers, and our product and platform teams on high-level roadmaps and product strategy.
- Craft and convey a UX vision, enlisting the rest of the Kanban development team to iteratively improve user outcomes.
- Have direct client interaction and contribute to consulting engagements to create custom solutions.
- Incorporate meaningful metrics and analysis into the design process.
- Build our design system to empower others to make good, consistent UX decisions.
- Make strategic UX decisions for new and existing functionality, with user testing, identifying problems, and iterating as appropriate.
- Able to balance and make tradeoffs with design approaches based on technical considerations, time, and other constraints.
- Be a self-starter, capable of independently managing projects, priorities, and multi-tasking.
- Able to understand detailed client requirements and design complete user experiences to meet client needs and vision.
- Able to interpret client feedback and build quality user experiences for web-based software applications.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), visual communication, graphic design, or a related field or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Four or more years of UX design experience.
- Basic technical skills and working knowledge of common software used for communication, including MS Office Suite, G-Suite, and open source equivalents.
- Extensive experience using UX design best practices to design solutions.
- Expertise in design software to join such as InVision, Sketch, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz, Figma, Adobe XD, or other low- and high-fidelity design tools.
- Deep understanding of the mobile-first design process for improving the user experience.
- Demonstrated success employing user-centered design and testing methodologies, along with addressing usability and accessibility concerns.
- Understand principles of interaction design and how they impact usability and user experience.
Communication and Collaboration Skills
- Strong client service orientation.
- Adaptable, flexible, and comfortable with all phases of the user-centered design process, knowing when to employ various methodologies to achieve results.
- Excellent decision-making, knowing when to take risks, when to pivot, and when to stick to a plan.
- Able to communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively.
- Comfortable taking ambiguous customer requests and iterating to concrete solutions.
- Collaborative work ethic, with a desire to help other people on the team.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of scientific research processes and data management systems (preferred)
- Demonstrated record of accountability, taking ownership, and learning innovative technologies.
- Competitive Pay, Bonus Opportunity, and Stock Options
- Great Work Environment, with Flexibility and Remote Work Options
- LabKey pays 90% of Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer and a Fully Funded Orca Transit Pass
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration, and all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If due to a disability you require assistance and/or an alternative method for application and/or screening for an open position, please submit a request directly to LabKey