About the role:
As the Technical Support Specialist at LabKey Software, you will help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. You will be directly responsible for supporting our enterprise software customers by responding to issues, handling requests, and ensuring their success in deploying LabKey solutions.
This is a heavily technical role as a generalist requiring both deep product knowledge and a broad understanding of many technologies.
You will work with our team to make us an even stronger organization. You will enjoy small, collaborative teams, significant autonomy, client interaction, and hands-on organizational improvement. You are passionate about helping researchers use and adopt outstanding software solutions to assist in public health research and cutting-edge drug discovery. You bring a client-centered approach to Technical Support with an emphasis on both client and employee satisfaction.
Among other things, you will:
- Take ownership of the issue resolution experience for clients and partners to help them optimize their use of LabKey software
- Serve as an ambassador for LabKey’s values through your interactions with our clients and employees.
- Act as the primary technical liaison between customers and other LabKey departments as issues are resolved (including knowledge management)
- Understand and respond to client questions, requests, and issues through writing, phone, video conferencing, and occasionally in person.
- Understand a number of different system environments in order to reproduce customer issues and bring quick resolution.
- Collaborate with our Services, Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Sales teams to resolve complex technical issues associated with deployment to ensure that new and newly upgraded server installations are successful
- Extensively research and document customer software and technical issues
- Identify high priority product issues and recommend product changes, help drive innovation through identifying user requests.
- Identify and recommend sales and development opportunities through observation and nuanced communication with our clients
Here’s what we seek in an ideal candidate:
- AA in information technology, information security, computer science, or a related field and 3+ years demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting mission-critical enterprise software applications or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Exceptional client service skills, interfacing with clients in a technical and consultant capacity
- Strong understanding of relational databases and working in SQL
- Experience building software from source including networking, server set-up/administration, server troubleshooting, log reading, stack trace reading
- Customer service finesse – you deliver customer support like you expect to receive it; with excellence, comprehensive solutions and humility.
- Ability to prioritize a high-volume workload in a timely manner including re-prioritizing your own and occasionally, other team members’ work.
- Experience writing standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and/or light documentation to support operations and compliance requirements in regulated environments (FISMA/HIPAA, PCI)
- Approachable, engaging presence with the ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse blend of people and personalities in a dispersed work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly and succinctly design communication in a variety of settings and styles to get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Experience working with collaboration software; Asana or Jira preferred
- Interest in the dynamic of improving processes at a smaller company.
This role is based in Seattle and will have some office presence when conditions are safe to be onsite.
Like everyone at LabKey, you are an advocate for our clients, our mission and our culture. You want to contribute to products that help scientists solve some of the most pressing problems impacting human health.
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and members of the LGTBQIA communities invited to apply. No recruiters please. To apply please email: email@example.com