LabKey is looking for a Technical Account Manager to join our Seattle, WA team.
LabKey provides data management solutions to help research, and other organizations pair the flexibility of a custom solution with enterprise-level scalability to support scientific workflows. LabKey helps scientists tackle some of today’s most challenging problems by delivering outstanding software solutions to support scientific research e.g., public health research, vaccine and therapeutic development, and disease pathogenesis.
At LabKey you enjoy a unique work environment, autonomy, client interaction, and the opportunity for hands-on product implementation and improvement experience!
As a Technical Account Manager, you will:
- Deliver high-quality support to customers that demonstrates your commitment to customer success.
- Develop an understanding of customers’ research, workflows, and data management needs.
- Partner with customers to help their research and technical teams understand, adopt, and use our software solutions to support their research.
- Assess issues and solve problems with creativity and resourcefulness.
- Provide technical support and responsive communication, referring more complex issues to subject matter experts.
- Draft timely and concise work orders, contracts, and progress reports.
- Proactively manage customer expectations about the product, support levels, and premium features.
- Build trust and maintain customer relationships with current and future clients by generating and sharing regular updates and news.
- Participate in product demos, sales, implementation, user education, and contract compliance.
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Work closely with clients and internal teams to deliver high-quality products and services.
- Accurately convey customer needs to Product & Development Teams to support ease of use and new feature implementation.
- Identify, analyze, and research customer needs to improve products and support outcomes.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in contributing to and building a great product and team.
- Adjust to shifting priorities and work requirements based on internal projects and client needs.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a related field, including account management, product management and service delivery.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to customer success.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and discuss it comfortably with customers.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated record of accountability and independence.
Technology & Science
- Familiar with data and database structures.
- Demonstrated experience writing scripts in SQL, R, or Python.
- Familiar with computer systems and version control systems.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Working knowledge of SDLC.
- Working knowledge of scientific research methods (e.g., sample prep, scientific workflow).
- Understand basic scientific instrumentation. Experience in a laboratory environment is a plus.
- Experience with research and scientific data management systems.
- Familiar with bioinformatics.
Communication & Collaboration
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to convey complex ideas with clarity.
- Proficient with business software (e.g., MS Office, G-Suite, Zoom, open-source, and equivalents).
- Competitive Pay
- Great Work Environment, and Flexibility
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer
- Remote Work Options
- Retirement planning and 401(k)
- Bonus opportunity
- Stock Option Grants
- Orca Transit Pass
- LabKey pays 90% of Medical, Dental, & Vision
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration, and all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If you require assistance, or an alternative method for application and/or screening for an open position due to a disability please submit a request directly to LabKey