LabKey is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance & Operations team.
LabKey provides data management solutions to help research, and other organizations pair the flexibility of a custom solution with enterprise-level scalability to support scientific workflows. We help scientists tackle some of the world’s most challenging problems by creating and delivering outstanding software solutions that support biomedical research, e.g., public health research, vaccine and therapeutic development, and disease pathogenesis.
About the Role:
The Staff Accountant reports directly to LabKey’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is an important member of our Finance & Operations Team. This role collaborates closely with LabKey’s Senior Accountant, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, along with our Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and the Senior Leadership Team on key initiatives. This is a terrific opportunity to make high-visibility contributions and reach next-level performance by taking ownership and responsibility for the delivery of superior accounting and finance support, including sub-ledgers maintenance, time-tracking and reporting, billing, payroll, internal operations, client-facing projects, and day-to-day support.
In other words, this is a dynamic role that includes a little of everything.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Support AR/AP, e.g., invoicing, cash receipts, check runs, purchasing, and reimbursements.
- Support scheduled processes with attention to detail and accuracy, e.g., invoicing, payroll processing.
- Managing workflows for time-tracking, reporting and approvals.
- Ensure your work style reflects a clear intention of delivering a high level of customer service.
- Provide oversight of journal entries and reconciliation changes and updates.
- Coordination of the sales cycle, e.g., subscription sales, renewals, and consulting engagements.
- Ensure established workflow utilization processes and leverage are followed to complete data updates, prepare reports, and timely contract and financial planning maintenance.
- Observe best practices for records and contract management with timely storage and retention.
- Support operations, onboarding/offboarding activities, office administration, and project support.
- Preparing financial statements and accounting reports as needed.
- Update existing workflows and identify opportunities for documenting key processes.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity for LabKey data, ensuring it is accurate and free of manipulation.
Qualifications Education, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. of work experience in bookkeeping, accounting, and finance or a related field.
- Ability to work in a manner reflecting integrity with demonstrated reliability and dependability.
- Demonstrated work experience achieving results with a high degree of autonomy.
- Demonstrated proficiency, skill, and acumen with accounting-related math and finance.
- Experience preparing financial statements, accounting reports (balance sheet, profit/ loss, cash flows).
- Working knowledge of a range of billing models, including subscription-based billing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite, esp. Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated proficiency with G-Suite (e.g., chat, docs, sheets).
- Demonstrated proficiency with integrated systems and cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting software, e.g., QuickBooks, Sage Intacct, and NetSuite.
- Familiarity with time reporting and tracking software, e.g., Harvest, Deltek.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to adapt your style to the audience and situation.
- Excellent interpersonal people skills and the ability to achieve results.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently.
- Able to adapt to changing work requirements and shifting priorities.
- Excellent time management, with the ability to multitask, when needed.
- Strong service orientation, both internal and external.
In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 yrs. combined progressive responsibility and experience:
- Accounting-related coursework, certifications, and development-related activities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in book-keeping.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting best practices and principles.
- Demonstrated experience performing management and related accounting, office management, and operations experience.
- Generous PTO (17 days).
- Competitive Pay.
- LabKey pays 90% of Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- Great Work Environment and Flexibility.
- Paid Time Off – Volunteer (VTO).
- Paid Time Off – Professional Dev.
- Remote Work.
- Retirement planning and 401(k).
- Bonus Opportunity.
- Stock Option Grants.
- Paid Orca Transit Pass.
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration, and all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If you require assistance, or an alternative method for application and/or screening for an open position due to a disability please submit a request directly to LabKey at Jobs@labkey.com or call LabKey at (206) 701-9975.