About This Role
As a Scientific Technical Account Manager at LabKey, you will help scientists and developers attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. You will work with our team and customers to understand requirements, design solutions, and ensure a high-quality product at all points during the software development lifecycle (SDLC). You will enjoy small, collaborative teams, significant autonomy, client interaction, and hands-on product implementation and improvement.
You are passionate about helping researchers use and adopt outstanding software solutions to assist in public health research and leading edge drug-discovery. You will be a member of a small team with wide reach, significant independence and exposure to many technologies. You are highly technical, have experience in technologically diverse environments, and are passionate about supporting cutting-edge research. You are a strong communicator, both internally and externally. You are committed to driving business value through collaboration, accountability, adaptation, and continuous improvement. You understand the critical role of support in driving customer satisfaction. You enjoy being part of a fast-paced, collegial, and jovial team.
What You’ll Do
- Interface with researchers to help them adopt, use, and understand our software to assist in their research
- Assess issues and find solutions through problem solving and careful communication using creativity and internal resources, demonstrating integrity to both the client and the product
- Translate customer workflows and needs to our Development Team for the ease of use and implementation of new features
- As part of the Services Team, understand, write, and implement documents and training to assist with the project installation, specifications, and priorities
- Manage client expectations about the product, support agreements, and premium features
- Maintain client lists, handle all initial contacts, track inquiries, communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization – from administration to CEOs and PIs
- Generate and share regular updates to key external clients and potential clients
- Participate in product demos, sales, implementation, user education and contract compliance
- Analyze customer needs and research outcomes to determine whether or not the product will support customer goals
- Make pricing and plan recommendations and write work orders and contracts.
- Build and maintain relationships, follow up on highly technical questions, assign appropriate subject matter experts
- Demonstrate genuine interest in contributing to and building a great product and outstanding product development team
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- You have a BS in a scientific discipline plus 2 years’ experience in a related field required with an advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of university-level hard science research
- Ability and interest in gaining deep product knowledge as well as current understanding of how software works through experience with databases, writing SQL queries, or other relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of scientific process, and research, understanding of how technology works including browser issues, version issues, database and computer systems, understanding of basic scientific instrumentation – sample prep, how/why/where, scientific workflow, etc.
- Bonus if you have used LabKey Server or any of our other products.
This is a client facing position – must genuinely enjoy working with a diverse group of people with multi-disciplinary scientific backgrounds and an international scope. Must have good interpersonal and communications skills; able to work effectively with a variety of people in a diverse workforce, including senior leadership and team leads; adaptable to changing work requirements; willing to multi-task; high degree of professional integrity; strong client service orientation.
You are an advocate!
You are an advocate for our clients, our mission and our culture. You want to contribute to products that help scientists solve some of the most pressing problems impacting human health.
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and members of the LGTBQ communities encouraged to apply. No recruiters please. To apply, or request an accommodation, please email email@example.com