About the Role
As Marketing Manager / Director at LabKey, you will be part of a team that helps scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the marketing function of the company with a focus on content marketing to drive sales growth. This is a generalist role in a one-person department with responsibilities ranging from developing go-to market strategy to maintaining and promoting the brand, writing blog posts to further developing a social media presence, running an international user conference to attending trade shows, developing collateral to improving the website.
You will be a key member of a small company with wide reach and significant independence and responsibility. Groups across LabKey will rely on your guidance when it comes to external and internal communications. You are an outstanding writer, have experience in B2B software marketing, strong WordPress experience, and are passionate about supporting our clients. You are a strong communicator and collaborator, both internally and externally. You are committed to driving business value through creativity, collaboration, automation, accountability and continuous improvement.
It all comes down to three key principles to increase sales: creating content people actually want, sharing content on the channels they use, and measuring the results to make adjustments along the way.
What You Will Do
- Act as both a leader and doer, providing marketing leadership and insights, supporting corporate strategic objectives, as well as executing marketing activities
- Drive site traffic and conversions by producing SEO rich web content that addresses customer pain points, highlights customer successes, and positions LabKey as a thought leader in the industry
- Manage a digital advertising program using industry appropriate platforms (LinkedIn, AdWords, Twitter, etc) to drive awareness of the LabKey brand and increase site traffic
- Develop and implement a multi-channel marketing strategy to drive free trial sign-ups and support trial conversion
- Promote major software releases (3x annually) and customer success stories to generate new leads and upsell opportunities
- Manage annual user conference and training events including strategic planning, logistics coordination, agenda development, event promotion and on-site execution
- Manage trade show and conference programs including strategic planning, logistics coordination, lead generation strategy, and on-site execution
- Develop and maintain sales enablement materials including product messaging, sales decks, datasheets, and web content
- Manage all elements of the LabKey brand, including maintaining and developing creative assets
- Track and analyze campaign success metrics, using insights to refine the LabKey marketing strategy
Other duties as assigned
- 5 years of professional experience in the B2B software industry
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality marketing content
- GTM planning/strategies and a track record of increasing sales
- Translating highly technical information into compelling, keyword-rich marketing content
- Working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing a WordPress-based website
- Experience using digital/social advertising platforms
- Experience using Salesforce for lead management, using email marketing and campaign landing page tools
- Experience managing booth logistics for industry events and managing end-to-end event logistics for marketing events.
- Experience producing graphic design assets including datasheets, digital graphics, iconography
Must have good interpersonal and communications skills; able to work effectively with variety of people in a diverse workforce; adaptable to changing work requirements; willing to multi-task; high degree of professional integrity; strong client service orientation. Up to 10% travel required.
Preferred Tools & Software Experience
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Salesforce CRM
- Google AdWords
- LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Twitter Advertising
- WP Bakery Page Builder for WordPress
- Woocommerce for WordPress
- Unbounce landing page platform
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Background or understanding of Life Sciences strongly preferred
You are an advocate for our clients, our mission and our culture. You want to contribute to products that help scientists solve some of the most pressing problems impacting human health.
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and members of the LGTBQ communities invited to apply. No recruiters please. To apply or request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org