About the role:
As the HR Director at LabKey Software, you will help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. You will be directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and leadership of the human resources function. You will work with our team to make us an even stronger organization. You will enjoy small, collaborative teams, significant autonomy, client interaction, and hands-on organizational improvement. You are passionate about helping researchers use and adopt outstanding software solutions to assist in public health research and cutting-edge drug-discovery. You bring a client-centered approach to HR with an emphasis on both client and employee satisfaction.
Among other things, here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Lead LabKey’s HR function to support a culture that attracts, develops, and retains top talent.
- Oversee and administer compensation and benefits programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of practices, trends, and multi-state compliance matters and. recommend changes to policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Facilitate ongoing employee feedback and annual employee survey.
- Lead recruiting and selection in partnership with hiring managers, supporting our commitment to equal opportunity employment.
- Provide guidance and counsel on employee matters.
- Partner with managers to facilitate ongoing performance management and semi-annual review process.
- Recommend, facilitate, and evaluate professional development initiatives to support our continuous learning culture.
- Serve as HRIS administrator and primary user, handling data entry, reporting, and analytics.
- Serve as an ambassador for LabKey’s values and our commitment to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of the organization.
Here’s what we seek in an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 8 years of senior-level HR generalist experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SPHR, PHR or SHRM-SCP.
- Approachable, engaging presence with the ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse blend of people and personalities in a dispersed work environment.
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to scope, budget and drive HR initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly and succinctly design communication in a variety of settings and styles to get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based on a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- High integrity and trust, keeping confidentiality, admitting mistakes, and driving change.
- Technical aptitude, with knowledge of standard MS and Google suites and experience with HR and recruiting systems.
This is a part-time position, averaging about 8-12 hours per week. This role is based in Seattle and will have some office presence when conditions are safe to be onsite.
Like everyone at LabKey, you are an advocate for our clients, our mission and our culture. You want to contribute to products that help scientists solve some of the most pressing problems impacting human health.
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and members of the LGTBQIA communities invited to apply. No recruiters please. To apply please email email@example.com