As a Graphic Design Intern at LabKey, you will help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world.
You will create visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate. You will develop creative designs to support marketing efforts for various applications such as online advertising, website design, marketing collateral, and presentations.
The position is paid at $20 per hour, for 10-20 hours per week during the school year, with possible availability for more hours during breaks is anticipated. Flexibility is a core value at LabKey, and that includes interns.
What you will do:
- Assist in developing graphics and layouts for sales presentations, website, and marketing tools
- Create elements to support web design efforts – layouts, icons, and image editing
- Help refresh/standardize LabKey brands assets and guidelines
- Create infographics to support LabKey content marketing efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Currently (or graduated in the past year) in trade school, art school, community college or university and a Washington State resident
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, and Powerpoint
- A very big plus if you know WordPress, basic HTML and video editing
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your creative designs – personal projects
- Able to explain and justify your design decisions to internal collaborators
- You support our values and can create pieces that speak broadly to our research, corporate, and government partners
- You have an outstanding eye for design and enjoy communicating through visual mediums
- You are a self-starter who is not afraid to ask for help or feedback
- This position will be remote, you will need a dedicated work area and video call abilities
- You bring a sense of humor, love collaboration, and proactively come up with creative solutions
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Please apply by emailing your resume and link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Women, BIpoc community members, religious and gender minorities, LGBTQIA+, veterans, people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We do not work with or respond to recruiters.