LabKey is looking for a Strategic Partnership Associate to join our Seattle, WA team.
LabKey provides data management solutions to help research, and other organizations pair the flexibility of a custom solution with enterprise-level scalability to support scientific workflows. We help research organizations and scientists tackle some of the world’s most challenging problems by creating and delivering outstanding and scalable software solutions that support biomedical research, including vaccine and therapeutic development, disease pathogenesis, and public health research.
About the Strategic Partnership Associate role
This role will be key to growth for one of LabKey’s newer product lines, Sample Manager, and includes all aspects of the sales journey, from lead prospecting, relationship development to close and renewal. The person in this role understands that central to their contribution is preserving LabKey’s reputation, ensuring customer success and satisfaction, and value for the long-term.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in finding leads and driving sales in B2B software in the global life sciences industry. In addition to day-to-day oversight and management of sales cycle responsibilities, this role will consistently contribute to LabKey’s sales success by driving revenue aligned with sales and marketing strategies, including:
- Supporting a complex sales portfolio of highly diverse clients.
- Proactively Identify and pursue strategic sales opportunities using a variety of methods, e.g., strategic market and segment research analysis,
- With Marketing, curate and proactively execute targeted sales campaigns, directed to specific audiences that meet predefined criteria.
- Contributing to LabKey’s market presence and competitive awareness using networking, marketing tools, and intel to learn, and disseminate internally.
- Managing leads with high engagement and never losing a sale through a lack of effort.
- Ensure the pace and timeliness of proposal and contract execution are within established guidelines.
- Maintaining an enthusiastic approach in all aspects of the sales process, from lead generation to close and onboarding.
- Delivering sales demos that result in securing commitments
- Ongoing and active discussions with prospective clients and positive relationships, regardless of outcomes.
- Building strong relationships and support renewals with regular outreach demonstrating a commitment to strategic alignment and satisfaction.
- Seeking out referrals for new business relationships and future opportunities to develop through engagement.
- Assisting with RFPs.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Work History
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four years of combined knowledge and experience demonstrating advanced understanding including:
- Progressive experience in dedicated business development role(s) moving opportunities from discovery through close.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade stakeholders at all levels.
- Consistently exceeding sales and renewals targets.
- B2B and SaaS Software sales expertise.
- Software experience within Life Sciences,
- Comfortable working with data, analytics, and reporting.
- CRM proficiency, e.g., SFDC.
- Other Qualifications
- Superior listening and communication skills.
- Highly proficient in organization and prioritization skills.
- Performance and results-driven.
- Ability to show empathy and emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Demonstrate professionalism, team orientation, and accountability.
- LabKey pays 90% of Health Ins. for you and your dependents!
- Competitive Pay
- Collaborative Work Environment
- Heavy Emphasis on Work-Life Balance
- Flexibility & Remote/Hybrid Work
- Paid Time for Volunteer Activity
- Paid Time & Reimbursement for Professional Development
- Retirement planning, 401(k) and Roth
- Bonus -Twice a Year
- Stock Option Grants
- Paid Orca Transit Pass
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration, and all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If you require assistance, or an alternative method for application and/or screening for an open position due to a disability please submit a request directly to LabKey at jobs@LabKey.com, or call (206) 701-9975.