LabKey is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our Seattle, WA team.
We help research organizations and scientists tackle some of the world’s most challenging problems. LabKey provides data management solutions to research, and other organizations by pairing the flexibility of custom solutions with enterprise-level scalability that supports scientific workflows.
UX Designers at LabKey help shape our products and features. In this role you will be able to conceptually grasp the scientific nature of the user experience and adapt your UX skills to meet complex challenges with sophisticated design solutions.
As a UXD at LabKey you will:
- Design & Create: task analysis, user flows and stories, navigation, content hierarchies, interaction design, and functioning prototypes, design artifacts such as personas, empathy, journey, and experience maps, information architecture and other documents.
- Collaborate & Contribute: participate in strategic planning and decision-making, consult, and deliver custom solutions, resolve usability and accessibility concerns, partner with product managers, developers, testers on roadmaps and product functionality.
We are looking for an insightful, and experienced Senior UX Designer with a portfolio showcasing refined and polished product and feature launches highlighting user-centric design.
- Understands the development cycle and recognizes the balance between design perfection and when a product is ready to ship.
- Is discovery-oriented, values feedback, and demonstrates a capacity to learn from others.
- Can set outcomes and be an informed resource for gaining consensus and influencing change.
- Dig deep into processes and workflows to show what is happening and use workflows and task analysis to solve problems and influence change.
- Understands the level of analysis required to identify, define, and improve workflows that will drive progress and support successful outcomes.
- Make a compelling visual case for build direction and decision-making with visual models that tell a story and show different perspectives.
- Can draw on knowledge and a variety of resources to diagram processes and identify fragile points, as well as opportunities that drive impactful decision-making.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Work History:
- Combined knowledge and experience must demonstrate advanced understanding of user-centered design principles, web technologies, and work experience that includes:
- Working through several SDLC’s
- Experience working in a highly technical or scientific domain.
- Creating deliverables
- Supporting successful product launches.
- Working with cross-functional teams.
- Adeptly communicate ideas through prototypes that tell a story.
- Knowledge and understanding of React, and APIs
- Competitive Pay
- Great Work Environment, and Flexibility
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer
- Remote Work Options
- Retirement planning and 401(k)
- Bonus opportunity
- Stock Option Grants
- Orca Transit Pass
- LabKey pays 90% of Medical, Dental, & Vision
LabKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration, and all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If you require assistance, or an alternative method for application and/or screening for an open position due to a disability please submit a request directly to LabKey.
Send us your resumé!
If you read the job description above and said "That's me!", please send us your contact info and resume. We would love to hear from you!